Sunday, April 1, 2012

Louisville Triple Crown of Running: Race 3/3

After a few weeks of injuries and a couple of weeks without my running buddy, the Papa John's 10 Miler finally arrived! Two weeks ago after the 6-miler, I seriously had my doubts; how in the world was I going to run a solid 10 miles if I felt like this after only 6?? I only had two weeks to prepare, both physically and mentally.

I met up with some running friends from school, Missy and Kim, to run the 10 miler course the week before the race. We ran 9 miles and I felt really good afterwards....thanks to my new-found friend Gu!!! Gu is a slimy, gel-like substance you eat during a race that gives you energy, electrolytes, blah blah blah. It's disgusting....and awesome at the same time!

The morning of the 10-miler, Dan dropped me off near the starting line and Shelley and I met up, did some stretching, then we were on our way. Since the race was on the same day as the UK/U of L Final Four game, there were lots of runners supporting their favorite team. There was a lot of red being represented, understandably so, but the Cats fans were making themselves known as well. I wore all the blue running gear that I could to show my support for Big Blue Nation!

Shelley and I made one restroom stop, but ran the entire 10 miles! Our husbands came out at different points during the race to cheer us on!! Our official time was 2:01; a slow run but a consistent one and almost under 2 hours!

We can breathe a short sigh of relief......aaahhhhh.....but we only have one month until the Derby miniMarathon!!

This picture was taken at the starting line before the race! The temperature was perfect, but the himidity was high which was not in our favor.

After running 10 miles!! Dan took this pic of us outside Papa John's stadium, where the finish line was.

Woo hoo! Feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment