Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Crafty Christmas

This Christmas I decided to use some of my time off from school to handmake a few items for various people or events. This school year hasn't allowed for much extra time for doing crafty things, and I usually get an "itch" to make something around the holidays. My ideas came from friends, blogs, or things I've been wanting to do for some time.

Burlap Wreath

This item came from a simlar wreath made by my friend Casey, which she featured on her own blog. Her version was a fall-themed wreath, but I made two Christmas wreaths and gave one to my mom. I found a good tutorial online for how to make it and found some decorations for it at Hobby Lobby.




Fabric Cones

I got the idea for these fabric cones on a baking blog that I follow, Sprinkle Bakes. She had made some caramel corn, put it into individual bags and placed the bags in cones made from scrapbook paper and fabric. They were super easy! I used one to give a Secret Santa gift at school and made a couple to put in my parents's stockings. I tried some homemade roasted pecans and placed them inside the cones for my parents.








Burlap Door Hangers

I've seen these burlap door hangers online and in stores for several weeks now. I thought "How difficult could these be to make?" Well come to find out, they're a lot harder than they look. I tried my hand at a couple and know how to make the process a lot simpler next time. I made one for my cousin's 3-month old daughter and another for my family's Dirty Santa (White Elephant) Game on Christmas.






No comments:

Post a Comment